All Access forum API Error

404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL /site/api/Forum/getBlocks was not found on this server.

Net Talk • View topic - Hot AC Slogans
SEARCH ALL FORUMS

Hot AC Slogans

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!

Hot AC Slogans

Postby klickstone » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:58 am

I am curious to know of possible handles that we can use for a Hot AC, without
infringing of service marks.

Which of the following are owned by iHeart, Entercom or the other major players?

STAR
KISS
NOW
POINT
MOVIN'
WAVE
MAX
DRIVE

Any help will be greatly appropriated.

Ciao from the Pacific Northwest.
klickstone

Re: Hot AC Slogans

Postby summer » Tue May 02, 2017 7:36 am

I don't think these are "service marked" nationwide. If you're in a competing market or close to one and they use these monikers then you obviously can't. Otherwise, I'd name it whatever fits the station and market best.
summer

Postby tomcook » Tue May 02, 2017 8:21 am

KISS is owned by iHeart. Movin' (I think) is owned by Alan Burns & Associates. And not entirely sure about this, but for some reason I thought "Drive" was owned by Hubbard or Entercom. It's been a while but there was a situation where "Kiss Country" signed on in Omaha and iHeart/CC immediately sent a C&D for trademark infringement, forcing them to switch to "Max Country."
tomcook

Postby singleton33 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:26 pm

I didn't know this was a thing that could happen...just found out someone is claiming copyright infringement on one of my stations' names. Is there an easy way to find out who owns what names? I've tried copyright and trademark searches but can't find anything.
singleton33

Return to Net Talk